Rosicrucianism, Christian Theosophy and Arcane Sciences
Coordination: Gabriel Mateus (ULHT), Rui Lomelino de Freitas (ULHT), Francisco de Mendonça Jr. (UNASUR) e Juan Pablo Bubello (UBA / UNASUR)
Christian Theosophy emerges during the Renaissance as a counter-movement against the theological dogmatism and aimed to merge the religious approach with the scientific approach, calling itself the Religion of Thought. Giordano Bruno would describe Hermetism with such expression. It was in that context that Arcane Sciences were developed, namely: Astrology, Alchemy, Medical Sciences, Magic, the studies of Nature, strongly influenced by Paracelsus.
The “classical” Rosy Cross of the 17th century is a milestone on Western Esotericism. The manifestos that came to light during that time, expressed a call for a reform, not only religious but also spiritual, political and social.
Thus this symposium aims to study and discuss the importance of these currents in History.
- Fernando Carreira
- Martinismo, Louis Claude de Saint-Martin e a Via interior
- Otávio Santana Vieira
- Prisca Theologia: Entre Tempo Histórico e Tempo Mítico
- Ricardo Lindemann
- A Astrologia em A Última Ceia de Leonardo da Vinci
- Enrique Santos
- La influencia rosacruz en el pensamiento de Comenius
- Francisco de Paula Souza de Mendonça Júnior
- Sobre espíritos aéreos e escritas indecifráveis: o Segredo como espaço de ação política